Whenever they encounter a person or situation that appears to offer an obstacle, challenge or problem, they shift their perspective and reclaim their power by aligning their energy with pure love and demonstrating curiosity. In so doing, they transcend any troublesome illusions to reveal the opportunities hidden within.
These eternal optimists never give up. They persevere in pursuing their dreams by practicing the following manifestation mindset:
- Come as you are—Show up and bring the best I have to offer in this moment. Not last year’s best, or next year’s best or someone else’s best. Just the best I’ve got to offer with the love and light I’m giving myself access to at this time. Quit judging myself as insufficient. I am always enough, just as I am right here and now.
- Live the Truth—God is God, I am God’s and love is the greatest power in the Universe. My Source is excellent, limitless, and reliable. No external force can block my highest good. Universal abundance flows to and through me. Whatever my circumstances, I know who I am and Whose I am. I am a unique cocreative expression of the Divine. How could that ever not be enough?
- Commit to the highest good—Universal love is always unfolding the highest good for all, in all, through all. Love, respect, curiosity, and compassion reveal and advance the highest good. My part is to align myself with the highest good by keeping myself free of fear and holding myself wide open as a clear channel for love and light. Way cool!
- Express gratitude—While feeling grateful is a nice start, don’t stop there. Express it to and for every being, encounter, and experience. Appreciate my life. Know that everything’s an opportunity. Expect it. Go looking for it. Notice it. Say, “Thank you!” Gratitude for Universal abundance fosters generous, effortless, gracious flow filled with faith, hope, prosperity, peace, and joy. And it starts with being grateful for every aspect of myself—the attributes that thrill me and those that frustrate me and everyone who knows me. They are all essential elements of my unique cocreative role in expressing the Divine. I totally rock!
- Trust God with the details—Resist the urge to over-manage the minutiae and end up trapped in the weeds. Even though I’m bright and creative, that level of specificity is way above my pay grade. Remain focused on my responsibilities (the first four parts of the mindset) and stay tuned to the Universal frequency for further instructions on where to go, what to do, when, and with whom. When I discern, focus, and follow through, the Universe works wonders through me. My job becomes so much easier when I allow God to be God!
Start practicing the mindset today to see your stress decrease while your productivity increases. When, despite your best efforts, you become discouraged because you’ve temporarily forgotten that obstacles are actually opportunities in disguise, a real-time Mindset Scan can help you identify which aspects of your thinking would benefit from recalibration and what form that might take.
Below you will find a snapshot of the worksheet used for the scan. In my book, Choose Your Energy: Change Your Life!, I provide a variety of scans to help you recognize when you are out of alignment and get yourself back on track. The Mindset Scan is an additional one I developed after publishing my book. Click here to download a FREE full-size, color version of my Mindset Scan, along with full-size, color versions of all of the other illustrations and scans included in my book.
The Mindset Scan consists of a five-step process, with each step grounded in caring enough about yourself to do the following:
- Pay attention so that you notice quickly whenever you’ve started feeling frustrated or pessimistic about your life. Notice your language: a big tip-off is catching yourself referring to people or situations in your life as obstacles, challenges or problems.
- Invest your energy in assessing the root cause of your pessimism by revealing which aspect or aspects of the mindset you’ve temporarily forgotten due to fear.
- Determine what baby steps will return you to alignment with truth and reality anchored in love.
- Hold yourself accountable for following through on your commitment to take action.
- Assess your results and continuously refine and expand your action plan to live the mindset of generous, effortless, gracious flow filled with faith, hope, prosperity, peace and joy by anchoring yourself in unconditional love, respect, curiosity, compassion and gratitude for every being, encounter and experience in your life.
Having gotten honest with myself, if the results of the scan indicate there is something significant to explore but I don’t yet feel able to go deeper, I demonstrate respect and compassion by not forcing myself. I relax into exactly where I am on my journey. Caring enough about myself to notice and explore my pessimism plants the seed for emerging insights. Whenever I invest my energy in conducting the scan, I’ve already taken an additional step toward recognizing unresolved fear inside me and moving myself forward on my personal journey to wholeness.
What apparent challenge will you transform into an opportunity today by beginning to approach it with mindfulness, curiosity, perseverance and an attitude of gratitude? Time to shift your perspective, reclaim your power and step into your greatness!