From Halloween through Super Bowl Sunday, the holidays provide a wealth of opportunities to practice self-compassion and equanimity OR make yourself and everyone you encounter KUH-RANG-KEE AND KUH-RAY-ZEE! The choice is yours.
If you’d prefer a more humane and sane holiday season this year—one that you’ll actually ENJOY—here are 10 ideas to help you live your intention.
- Take good care of yourself. Eat healthfully, get plenty of rest and regular, reasonable exercise. Nurture, encourage and delight yourself in healthy ways.
- Make lists and set aside specific times to accomplish certain tasks. Prioritize and simplify. Consider scratching some items off your list FOR GOOD.
- Ask for help. Many hands make light work. And it can be more fun to do things together—from decorating the house to wrapping presents.
- Make a budget and stick to it. No matter what. Let this be the year that you don’t go into debt buying presents.
- Shop online and by catalog. Give gift certificates. Look for ways to make gift giving easier.
- Share day care arrangements with family, friends and neighbors when the kids are out of school.
- Remember to play. Have fun. Share special times with family and friends.
- Make houseguests as self-sufficient as possible. Set expectations that they will help out. Don’t give up your own bed unless you must.
- Consider alternatives to family gatherings if you find them tense and anxious. Plan well in advance and avoid last-minute surprises.
- Take a breather. Go for a walk. Breathe in the fresh air. Find places to be quiet and restful. Go there often.
BONUS TIP: Whatever happens, look for the opportunity—especially in the most frustrating experiences. Whatever your circumstances, express gratitude and get curious knowing that THE HIGHEST GOOD IS ALWAYS UNFOLDING for all, in all, through all. Sometimes the paths we choose make it take longer for this truth to reveal itself, but it is always true nonetheless.
You are loved and loving, blessing and a blessing. Namaste, amen, blessed be.
Author’s content adapted under license, © 2010 Claire Communications
FREE Coaching Opportunity
If someone offered you a precious gift for an hour of your time, would you be interested? That’s what I offer with a Complimentary Coaching Session. A comp session isn’t a brief demo or sample. It’s a full 45-minute coaching session focused on current real life challenges of your choosing plus 15 minutes to discuss your experience and any questions you may have about my approach to coaching.
There is no expectation or pressure to hire me as your ongoing coach. Providing meaningful, substantive comp sessions with no obligation is one of the ways I demonstrate gratitude and give back to the Universe a small portion of the abundance and opportunity it bestows on me daily.
The real value of a comp session? PRICELESS!
Those who have experienced comp sessions will tell you, when you come to your session open to the possibilities for transformation and fully committed to your own growth, big breakthroughs can happen!
What clients say about
the power of coaching with Deborah
“I knew Deborah before she became a Professional Life Coach. I’ve been amazed at how she has changed her life. When I decided it was time to begin making decisions about the next phase of my life, I knew immediately that Deborah was the person I wanted to work with. Her personal and professional experiences help her guide clients through coaching in a way that is individualized and delightfully eye-opening. Her warmth and sensitivity are immediately apparent, even over the phone. With gentle encouragement and permission, she will guide you through an examination of your life, including difficult experiences. She will help you gain insight from your past choices and then explore possibilities for moving forward in less encumbered ways. When you work with Deborah, your life will take on new meaning and your potential will be limitless!” Chris
“The work I did with Deborah continues to change my life. While I have learned many valuable lessons from her, the greatest was the deep insight that is available to me when I listen to and learn from my own inner wisdom. Her intuition, discernment and encouragement have taught me to trust my own intuition—creating new paths and possibilities for my life. One of Deborah’s great gifts is helping others respect and connect with their inner guidance and through that connection, to form a deeper, more meaningful bond with the collective wisdom and energy of all.” Ryan
What readers say about
the impact of Deborah’s book
“With the same energy and determination she applied in the professional world, Deborah has taken her considerable expertise in human potential and has now set her sights on the largest co-op in the world, humanity. ‘Choose Your Energy, Change Your Life!’ tackles what I believe are the most important questions we each must ask: who am I, where did I come from, why am I here, and what’s love got to do with it (cue Tina Turner)? These are not trivial or philosophical questions for the answers change what we do, why we do it, who and what we love. I am grateful for the opportunity to walk with Deborah on this critical journey.” JD Messenger, Award Winning Author of “11 Days in May: The Conversation That Will Change Your Life”
“To me the great thing about Deborah’s book is how ‘accessible’ she makes the ideas. The Oxygen Mask is probably the single best example. As with so many of the ideas in the book, she explains the principle in such a simple way that it’s got universal application to virtually any reader. I can imagine people having multiple moments of ‘Oh….I get it!’ throughout the book. The stories from her own life as well as stories of her clients’ experiences become stories about all of us—stories about which the reader will think, ‘I am living my own version of this.’ Well done—bravo!” Joe Calloway, Author of “Be The Best At What Matters Most”