You might think the “hard” part would be creating a substantive, meaningful, well-written 266-page book that includes moving stories from your own life, inspiring stories from your clients’ lives and a proprietary framework for turning unexplored possibilities into fulfilling realities. And that once you’d published said book, you’d live in a state of non-stop wonder, gratitude and celebration.
That would be precisely how you’d respond if you continued to fuel yourself with love rather than fear. But every moment in life is an opportunity to remember all we know about love, respect, curiosity, compassion and gratitude (LRCCG) producing a life of flow filled with faith, hope, prosperity, peace and joy (FHPPJ) or forget it entirely and, as my iPEC instructor used to say, climb back into the fear-fueled catabolic canoe! (Click here for a brief explanation of catabolic energy.)
This period after publishing my book and before the initial publicity gains momentum has offered me the perfect opportunity to benefit from flopping around in the mire a bit due to temporarily forgetting what I so ably applied while writing the book—that love-fueled flow, not fear-fueled force, enhances joy-filled productivity and fosters peace. And to remember how quickly painful fear-fueled, unrealistic performance measures can suck the life out of any experience.
In the process of using every truth, tool and trick in my satchel to re-center myself multiple times a day in LRCCG so I’d experience FHPPJ once again, I expanded my simplified three-part job description (shared in my 5/10/13 blog post) into a five-part mindset to better anchor it in my consciousness. Here’s the result:
- Come as you are—Show up and bring the best I have to offer in this moment. Not last year’s best, or next year’s best or someone else’s best. Just the best I’ve got to offer with the love and light I’m giving myself access to at this time. Quit judging myself as insufficient. I am always enough, just as I am right here and now.
- Live the Truth—God is God, I am God’s and love is the greatest power in the Universe. My Source is excellent, limitless and reliable. No external force can block my highest good. Universal abundance flows to and through me. Whatever my circumstances, I know who I am and Whose I am. I am a unique cocreative expression of the Divine. How could that ever not be enough?
- Commit to the highest good—Universal love is always unfolding the highest good for all, in all, through all. Love, respect, curiosity and compassion reveal and advance the highest good. My part is to align myself with the highest good by keeping myself free of fear and holding myself wide open as a clear channel for love and light. Way cool!
- Express gratitude—While feeling grateful is a nice start, don’t stop there. Express it to and for every being, encounter and experience. Appreciate my life. Know that everything’s an opportunity. Expect it. Go looking for it. Notice it. Say, “Thank you!” Gratitude for Universal abundance fosters generous, effortless, gracious flow filled with faith, hope, prosperity, peace and joy. And it starts with being grateful for every aspect of myself—the attributes that thrill me and those that frustrate me and everyone who knows me. They are all essential elements of my unique cocreative role in expressing the Divine. I totally rock!
- Trust God with the details—Resist the urge to over-manage the minutiae and end up trapped in the weeds. Even though I’m bright and creative, that level of specificity is way above my pay grade. Remain focused on my responsibilities (the first four parts of the mindset) and stay tuned to the Universal frequency for further instructions on where to go, what to do, when, and with whom. When I discern, focus and follow through, the Universe works wonders through me. My job becomes so much easier when I allow God to be God!
When it comes to my book, the first four parts of my job comprise fully investing all forms of my energy (time, talents and money) in:
- Appreciating and capturing the power and nature of the transformation I experienced,
- Reverse engineering what happened,
- Creating a framework for teaching the principles and process to others,
- Coaching my clients with the framework and gathering their stories of transformation,
- Testing and refining the framework and stories based on client feedback and results,
- Turning all of it into a book,
- Choosing the optimal publisher and
- Leading robust publicity before and after the book’s release.
My role in part five of the mindset is to release any specific expectations about the nature, magnitude and timing of what will result (books sold, royalties earned, new clients enrolled, etc.). Success consists of engaging fully in the process and remaining completely detached from a precise outcome. It’s God’s job to determine the end result. I get to enjoy it, whenever it happens in whatever form it takes, because Universal love is always unfolding the highest good for all, in all, through all. Ta-da!
I frequently hear from readers, listeners and clients that they are encouraged and gain even deeper insight when I share my personal ups and downs. They learn how to sustain faith and hope while treating themselves with respect and compassion when they too stray from the path. A Zen mistress living a perpetually serene life in a mountain retreat would soon be of little use to anyone living in the real world. Fortunately for all of us, it would appear I have little risk of transitioning to that sort of existence any time soon. Hallelujah, opportunities will abound for the foreseeable future!